Weather in Alaska is very unpredictable. No matter when you visit, be prepared for highs in the 70s and lows in the 40s. July is typically the warmest month, with cooler temperatures in June and August. Always be prepared for rain and wind and your camp clothing should simply be casual and comfortable. Because we are exposed to the elements even around camp, warmth and dryness should be considered in all clothing choices, we recommend layering your clothing for warmth and versatility.
In addition, you will need:
- Polarized sunglasses
- Rain jacket/ wading jacket
- Headgear, i.e. hat with a brim, toboggan for cooler weather
- Insect repellent
- Swimsuit for the hot tub, or the river if you like! (towels provided)
- Clothing for the workout room
- Cameras (bring extra film or cards, batteries, chargers)
- Video cameras (bring extra discs, tapes, batteries, chargers, there are plugs in the rooms for chargers)
- Clothing: warm jacket, warm underclothes for use under waders (thermals, thick socks, gloves etc., items to layer works best), and relaxing clothing for après-fishing and story-telling in the lodge, hiking boots or sneakers if you like
- Binoculars for eco-trips and sight-seeing
- Basic toiletries
Should you need or wish to purchase some of the essentials, toiletries, etc., we can purchase many items for you when we go to town. Some items may also be purchased in our gift shop. Liquor may be purchased at the Lodge and we stock a full variety. If you have special liquor requests, please let us know at least two weeks prior to your arrival, and we will ship it in for you.